Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Recharging before the journey back to Boston



Another day at Caspian lake… the day started slowly as yesterday. I enjoyed my time in the morning before everyone get up. Since arriving at the lake I started reading Travels with Willie, adventure cyclist by Willie Weir (I highly recommend the book to all of you avid cyclists that read this blog). The book is about short stories of his travels on the bike, the one named “Buying Time” was on my mind all day. In a way the less we buy , the fewer things we are attached to or the less we want the more time in our hands to do what we like to do. I am glad I was able to buy time at the lake, to spend with friends, go for a swim and a walk in the woods with Lucy. Pel liked to hear some of the stories read out loud by Steve. The picture of the little shack with a green roof is a place called “Pete’s organic farm”. The shack is where you can buy produce, it has sunflowers growing in the roof and garlic drying at the eave. The second picture is Lucy with a wet suit and I with just a bathing suit going for our afternoon swim. Now for Randy, we did go to dinner to a very nice Vermont restaurant that is supported by many local producers called “Claire”. It is located in Hardwick. All the food is organic, Steve and I ordered strawberry basil margaritas, which were outstanding, my favorite part was a beet, walnut and green salad and the local bread with local butter. Lucy and Doug’s favorite was the corn chowder and to complete the meal I shared a blackberry and raspberry upside down cake.
It is sad to say goodbye and hope Lucy, Doug and Pel have a great month at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment