Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's a wet heat

The phrase of the day is: "but it's a wet heat"... It is definitely hot and humid in Boston today. Steve put the Surlys together this morning while I went for a long run to keep up with my "Ironman" training. The goal was to do 13 miles or 2.5 hours running which I did in spite of getting lost around mile 10. I learned you can cover many cities and/or neighborhoods in that distance, starting in Jamaica Plain, to downtown, along the Charles River and accross to Cambridge and back to Brookline. After making the wrong turn I found my way back to Liz's house. We went for brunch to "The Centre street Cafe", highly recommended because of the delicious food and the great service. In the afternoon Steve and I tried our bikes and the route out of Boston for tomorrow morning. We are off to dinner in a little bit to the North End where there are many Italian restaurants. We are expecting two more days of temperatures in the 80's and then it might rain and cool down (we hope).

5 comments:

  1. The Livestrong website has running routes for different cities. I found one in Montreal.

    Couldn't find any on MapMyRun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance won the Leadville 100 MTB Race yesterday by 30 minutes. Go Lance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to blog your trip! I look forward to following your adventures from afar. It hit 100 by about 1:00 here today, but the morning was delicious! We're definately moving toward the autumn equinox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to following your journey ... keeps my "touring" mind active. Unfortunately, I am back in Phx. Man, you can cover a lot of miles in a car! Here's hoping you have an extremely enjoyable tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Mami and Steve,
    Just remember, if it's too hot to sleep put a bag of ice on your feet. It might melt and make the bed a little wet but it really helps you fall asleep.
    Un besito.

    ReplyDelete